March 9th & 10th, 2012 @ Peace Portal Alliance Church in Surrey, B.C.
This conference is about becoming a fully engaged disciple of Jesus Christ who loves God with heart, soul, and MIND.[vimeo height=”402″ width=”960″]http://vimeo.com/31285620[/vimeo]
Friday March 9th, Doors open at 6:00 pm. Conference 7:00pm-9:15pm (Q&A 9:30pm-10:00pm).
Saturday March 10th, Doors open at 8:00am. Conference 9:00am-5:00pm.
- Dr. J.P. Moreland – Loving God with All Your Mind
- Mary Jo Sharp – An Open Dialogue With an Atheist *
- Dr. Paul Copan – Is God a Moral Monster?
- J. Warner Wallace (Homicide detective from L.A.) – God’s Crime Scene
* Note: Dr. Craig Hazen, originally slated to speak on “Christ in a World of Religions,” is unable to make the conference. We are pleased to announce that Mary Jo Sharp will be speaking for this keynote session.
- Paul Chamberlan (Institute for Christian Apologetics) – Is Religion Dangerous?
- Michael Horner (Power to Change) – Evidence for God from Morality
- Dennis Danielson (UBC Professor) – God’s Two Books: The Dialogue between Christianity and Science
- Harry Edwards (President Apologetics.com) – Beliefs and Behaviour
- Jason Ballard (Director CampusFire) / Chris Price (Senior Pastor) – CampusFire: Apologetics in Your High School
- Jeremy Livermore (Radio Host) – Historical Evidence for the Life, Death, and Resurrection of Jesus Christ
- Steve Tsai (Apologetics.com Radio Host) – Arguments for the Existence of the Soul
- Sam Welbaum (Apolgoetics.com Radio Host) – The Problem of Evil
- Jose Ruba (Faith Beyond Belief) – Intolerant Truths: Why Right and Wrong Still Matter
Worship for the conference will be provided by Ethos Worship Band.
If you would like to help promote this conference, materials are available:
This conference is an annual event that needs volunteers and financial support. Apologetics Canada is a non-profit organization, funded and organized by individuals who are passionate about changing lives and culture. If you are interested in getting involved or financially supporting Apologetics Canada please contact Andy Stieger through our Contact Form or click here to donate. All donations are tax deductible.
We are also hoping to hold a similar apologetics conference in other BC cities and Alberta. We need volunteers and financial support to accomplish this for 2013.
What people are saying:
Dr. Paul Chamberlain: If you desire to communicate the good news Christianity brings to the world, with greater confidence and joy, this conference is for you. I cannot think of a better opportunity to prepare ourselves to provide thoughtful answers to people with questions about Christian faith. I encourage you to carve out time and join us for the weekend.
Dr. Craig Hazen: In 2011, the team at Apologetics Canada put on one of the finest most dynamic, content rich, and stimulating conferences anywhere. I heard the rave reviews from the audience first hand. And now they are offering an even large conference in March of 2012. If you missed the 2011, don’t miss this one. If you were at the 2011 conference, I don’t need to tell you a thing. You already know to sign up early and expect big things!
Kelly Madland: When an 18 year-old college freshman says, “Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence.” What would you say in response if this was your child speaking? Or your coworker? Are you ready and able to give a defense for your faith? Are you passing those tools onto your family and friends? The Apologetics Canada Conference is a great resource for becoming equipped to give a reason for the hope that we have. There will be speakers and times of worship as well as resources available to take away with you. Last year’s conference had a huge impact on me and my family. Every book I brought home was devoured by my 14-year-old son, who in turn passed on what he learned to his friends. This year, I plan to bring him with me. Apologetics makes sense of one’s faith. Apologetics Canada provides the means to share what is most precious: Jesus.
Student response video:[vimeo height=”480″ width=”960″]http://vimeo.com/34371515[/vimeo]